Friday, June 6, 2008

Boys on the Side


Talk about a real feel good movie. Dang. This movie really hit the spot for me when I woke up at 8:30 looking for something to do, for I usually wake up at 10:30. Is Whoopi Goldberg always supposed to be a lesbian in movies? She is in this one for sure, but my question is, are we supposed to usually assume that her androgyny isnt just androgyny but homosexuality. Bring that one to the dinner table, it'll really make you question your everyday life. I don't know about Drew Barrymore so much, though. Kind of ditzy, kind of an idiot. But since this is a movie about women being independent, and just saying Fuck You to all those guys that have ever hurt them, then Drew Barrymore's character gets an A-. Actually, this movie has it all- abuse, AIDS, sex, lesbians, man-haters, etc. It's quite possible that you've never even heard of this flick. Heck, I hadn't until in caught my eye on the 25 cent rack at the thrift shop.
Whatever, just see it.

1 comment:

Adrian Chen said...

I like this blog and this review a lot.