Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Car Wash


Wow uuummm what can I say except that I honestly only watched the first 20 minutes of it for a few pretty good reasons in my book. There was absolutely no sign of a plot within these first 20 minutes. There I was in front of my tinytv trying to enjoy a good movie after a long tiring afternoon in china town, and this is what the vcr feeds me. A movie without life, feeling, or a good plot description. Well just look at what IMDb has for us: "Car Wash is about a close-knit group of black employees who one day have all manner of strange visitors coming onto their forecourt, including Richard Pryor as a preaching 'wonder-man' who is loved by most but loathed by one, and a man who looks like a thief by the way he is holding his bottle, but it is really his urine sample as he is off to the hospital." Sense a plot? The fact that they think that they must announce that they are a close knit group of "black" employees as being an integral part of the movie just further proves my point that this film is without a plot. I'm sorry to those of you who have actually given more than 20 minutes to this movie, because to put it plainly it would be more worth it to feed some lonely ducks at a pond or to just turn on an everybody loves raymond marathon. I don't give this film a star rating because I just don't feel like it.

No comments: